Saturday, July 3, 2010

Food for the Soul

Lest you think all I'm doing here is cooking & eating, I should probably share some other forms of nourishment.

One of my favorite healthy snacks is TED. Here's one really inspiring talk I watched today by Chip Conley. The title is "Measuring What Makes Life Worthwhile."


I love the whole idea of TED. Wish I had thought of it myself. For those who aren't familiar, it started out in 1984 as a conference bringing together people from three worlds: Technology, Entertainment and Design. Since then, its scope has broadened and now there are three annual conferences as well as satellite TEDx programs in other cities. These conferences bring together the world's most fascinating thinkers and doers, who are challenged to give the talk of their lives in 18 minutes. Over 700 talks are available for FREE (cheaper than cable TV!) on their website at Ted.com.

I check the TED site once in awhile to watch talks on my favorite topics -- art, architecture, design, cities, the environment, culture, etc. While Summer Camp is in session, I will try to stretch other brain muscles. Maybe even queue up a science talk. Well, that may be pushing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment