Saturday, July 3, 2010

Bon Appetit!


So far, I've attempted three meals with fresh ingredients, including mint, cilantro and chives from my sister's herb garden. None of these recipes were rocket science, but all far more adventurous than my usual fare. I am pleased to report that they tasted even better than they looked. (Still working on my presentation.) All recipes from Cooking Light.

First Meal:
Pan-Seared Lamp Chops with Pita Salad
(Ingredients: Petite Lamb Chops, Watercress, Tomatoes, Cucumber, Parsley, Feta, Pita, Olive Oil, Garlic, Lemon Juice)


Second Meal:
Smoked Salmon, Potato & Watercress Salad
with Chive-Horseradish Dressing
(Ingredients: Smoked Salmon, Red Potatoes, Watercress, Fennel, Red Onion, Chives, Sour Cream, Horseradish, Olive Oil, Lemon Juice)


Third Meal:
Coconut-Lime Chicken with Cabbage-Mango Slaw
(Ingredients: Barbequed Chicken Breasts, Cabbage, Cilantro, Mango, Coconut Milk, Chili-Garlic Sauce, Fish Sauce, Lime Juice)


No comments:

Post a Comment